Dear Michael,
After reading a book about healing from pregnancy loss and after talking to Megan and some others, I decided to start doing Random Acts of Kindness in your memory. I made cards on zazzle.com with the words "Please enjoy this Random Act of Kindness in memory of Michael Jeremiah Hall, February 13, 2016" and I also put Jeremiah 1:5 from the Bible on the card. I chose this image to put on the back of the card (your brothers and I drew this for you on our driveway one day):
So far, the boys and I have paid for the meals of people behind us in the drive-thru (we have done Panera, Chick-fil-a and McDonalds). We plan to do some other acts of kindness too, like make cookies for the firemen or doing something for the teachers at the school near us. I have lots of ideas! Doing these RAK has been so helpful in the healing process. I really love being able to tell other people about you in this way. I have no idea what the people on the other end of these acts are thinking, but my hope is that I can brighten their day and spread the love of Christ at the same time!
After we shared our sad news about you with family and friends, we were overwhelmed by the kindness and love that was shown to us. So many people let us know they were praying for us. Friends brought us meals and gift cards to restaurants so I wouldn't have to think about groceries and meal planning at such a hard time. We received several bouquets of flowers and we received so many touching sympathy cards. It moved me to tears that so many people honored you in this way. I know I will cherish the cards we received and enjoy reading them in the years to come!
I took pictures of everything anyone gave us or sent to us after you passed away and put those pictures in your book. When I was creating these pages in your book, I felt like I was making a page in a typical baby book where you can record who came to visit the newborn baby and what gifts the baby received; just like I did for your brothers. It warms my heart when I look back at these particular pictures and I remember the kindness that is all around me, despite living in such a fallen world.
Through the kindness others have shown us, I am reminded of how I want to act when people are going through hard times. I want to reach out to others and help. I will keep doing RAK and I will do my best to keep my eyes open for people experiencing heartache. I never want anyone who is going through heartbreak to think they are alone. Because, my sweet Michael, it meant the world to me to know that I was not alone.
I love you!
Mommy

No comments:
Post a Comment