Monday, February 22, 2016

The Best Laid Plans...

Dear Michael,

Life went on as normal today.  Daddy is back at work, my sister is back to California, and I am home alone with your three big brothers.  I fixed breakfast for them, took the youngest of your older brothers to the doctor, and did the usual chores around the house.  The pain is a little duller today than it has been...but I know that can change at any moment.   

You may not know this about me, but I am a BIG planner.  I love making lists and schedules.  I love just writing events down in my day planner.  So when I was about 14 weeks pregnant with you I added you to the schedule that I already had typed up for your brothers.  I added your approximate feeding times of every 2-3 hours so I could figure out what it would look like to manage my day with four kids under 6 years old.  I always enjoy nursing alone if I can arrange it so I try to have nursing times when the other kids are doing something independently. There was a lot to consider, like pick up and drop off at school for the older brothers, arranging their quiet times, screen times and meal times, etc. I enjoyed planning our days out, knowing that it would all likely change because I know how newborns are!  But still, I was SO EXCITED thinking of our days together! 

I imagined nursing you in the same chair where I nursed your brothers and I imagined the time Daddy and I would spend with you in the evenings when your brothers were asleep.  I imagined doing tummy time with you laying on my stomach, and I imagined taking a million pictures of you.  I imagined when Daddy would feed you your first bottle of pumped milk and I imagined your first stroller ride.  I imagined you sleeping with one of the soft and fuzzy star blankets that your brothers have.  They all love those blankets and I know you would have too.  I imagined so many things, but I never imagined you would be taken from me.

Today, I deleted your section off our family schedule.  I also decided not to send the youngest of your older brothers to pre-school like I had planned to if you had been here.  If I can't have you here with me then I want him to stay "the baby" and be with me. That may not be the best way to think about him considering he will be almost 3 in the fall, but that is how I feel right now.

Some days I think about having another baby but it scares me.  I would be devastated if I had to go through losing another baby.  I pray that God will guide us in that decision and that I will fully trust Him.  I pray that my will becomes His will. 

I love you,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment